Schneider’s newest business division is the latest to announce a truck driver pay increase.
Effective Aug. 5, 2018, Schneider is proud to raise pay up to $0.04 per mile for Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) Team and Solo Over-the-Road (OTR) driver associates in Schneider’s First-to-Final-Mile (FTFM) business offering.
- Team LTL drivers can now earn up $0.56 per mile (LTL Teams earn on all Team miles vs. most Schneider Team partners earning individually), or up to $5,000 more per year, totaling $90,000. We also offer a unique Team mileage bonus program, adding $0.03 per mile more when a team drives 23,000 miles or more in a month.
- Solo LTL OTR drivers can now earn up to $0.44 per mile, or up to $2,000 more per year, totaling $63,000.
Schneider Offers LTL? Is That New?
Schneider’s FTFM business launched through acquisition of Watkins & Shepard in 2016 and has continued to grow in 2018, creating even more driving opportunities.
Less-Than-Truckload typically involves multi-stop deliveries, but that’s ultimately the “Final Mile” piece of the puzzle. This pay increase impacts the “First Mile” drivers hauling no-touch full-truckload shipments of LTL freight primarily to and from terminals, where freight is sorted for local and regional LTL deliveries.
More LTL Improvements in 2018
This pay increase represents another investment in our LTL drivers on the heels of these additional upgrades:
- Technology – improved speed and simplicity of the paperwork process
- Equipment – upgrading the fleet with new Freightliner tractors and investing in upcoming amenities like in-cab refrigerators
- Terminal infrastructure – new terminal locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston and St. Louis
We’re continuing to maximize the opportunities for drivers by blending the best of both worlds from what Watkins & Shepard did and what Schneider does.
More Schneider Pay Increases in 2018
Schneider evaluates truck driver pay on a weekly basis to ensure we’re competitive by market and experience level. Here are a few of the other pay upgrades we’ve made so far this year:
- Van Truckload and Tanker pay increases in May
- Team driver pay and limited-time tuition reimbursement increases
- Tanker pay increase in March
- Van Truckload pay increase in January
- Improved performance pay and automatic annual increases
What about Intermodal drivers? Schneider recently made a significant investment in a company-owned chassis fleet. The improved reliability and driver efficiency has led to what amounts to a pay increase via productivity — more miles and more loads. Plus, we’ve increased mileage and load pay in select markets.
What about Dedicated drivers? Pay packages are developed contractually at an individual customer level, so we actually introduce pay increases all the time, but never simultaneously at the volume to share fleet-wide. Customer demand is extraordinarily high, so we’ve seen dozens of pay increases already this year.
Considering a switch to LTL?
Join Schneider’s LTL driving team today as a Team or Solo OTR driver, and open an exciting future for your driving career!
If you’re looking for job-specific pay information, please call our recruiting team at 800-44-PRIDE. Any other driver pay increase questions? Please comment below.