Schneider evaluates truck driver pay packages every week to ensure competitiveness by individual market and experience level.
In quick response to market conditions, Schneider is proud to announce a second round of significant Team and solo driver pay increases in 2018.
Altogether in the last 20 months, pay rates have increased by as much as $.10 per mile!
Van Truckload Driver Pay Increase Effective May 20
Schneider is increasing pay $0.01-$0.02 per mile for most Van Truckload Team and solo drivers — on the heels of a February pay increase:
- Team drivers can now earn up to $0.57 per mile base pay and $88,000 per year each — plus limited-time sign-on bonus up to $30,000!
- Solo drivers can earn up to $0.52 per mile base pay and $75,000 per year — representing an increase as high as 33 percent since December 2016 in some markets.
Hand-picked related content:
Tanker Driver Pay Increase Effective May 13
Schneider is increasing pay $0.01-$0.04 per mile for most Tanker Regional drivers:
- Regional Tanker drivers can now earn up to $0.57 per mile and $82,000 per year — representing an increase up to 32 percent since 2015 in some markets.
- Over-the-Road, Local and some Dedicated Tanker drivers received $0.01-$0.04 more per mile in a March pay increase.
Driver Earning Potential Beyond Mileage Base Pay
In addition to the increase in mileage rate base pay, Team and solo drivers in Schneider’s Van Truckload and Tanker divisions can receive:
- Automatic increases – up to three in first year (Van Truckload) and annually until top base pay achieved
- Performance pay – up to another $0.04 per mile added to weekly pay
- Accessorial pay – up to 25 percent of total Tanker pay; minimal loading/unloading required for Van Truckload, but more pay when it is
- Sign-on bonuses – on many positions, with Teams up to $30,000 for a limited time
- Referral bonuses – up to $3,000 for each company driver or owner-operator you refer who joins Schneider, with unlimited bonus potential
- Additional pay as a Training Engineer – experienced drivers can make an additional $60 for Van Truckload and $70 for Tanker each day plus retention and safety bonuses for drivers you train
Increase your pay with Schneider! Search all driving jobs and apply.
Call a recruiter at 800-44-PRIDE to discuss specific pay questions or comment below with any general driver pay questions or comments.