Effective February 11, 2018, Schneider is increasing driver pay by up to $.04 per mile for many Van Truckload drivers.
- Teams can earn up to $.56 per mile base pay
- Over-the-Road drivers can earn up to $.52 per mile base pay
- Regional drivers can earn up to $.50 per mile base pay
Pay increase amounts will vary by experience level and geography, but all Van Truckload drivers of all experience levels have seen one or more market-based mileage rate base pay increases in the last year!
Average solo Van Truckload Over-the-Road mileage rates have increased almost 15 percent in the last two years, with Regional and Team mileage rates close to 10 percent.
Driver Base Pay Increase, Plus …
In addition to the increase in the mileage rate base pay, drivers have additional opportunities to earn more through:
- Automatic increases — three in first year and annually until top base pay achieved
- Performance pay – up to another $.04 per mile added to weekly pay
- Accessorial pay – mostly no-touch freight, but more pay when it’s not
- Sign-on bonuses – on many positions (e.g. limited-time Team bonuses up to $15,000 — per driver)
- Referral bonuses – up to $3,000 for each company driver or owner-operator you refer who joins Schneider — driving school classmates, team partners, relatives and friends
Your Earning Potential
Factoring in the new pay increase and additional opportunities above, Van Truckload drivers now have significantly higher earning potential than even just a few years ago.
Back in 2014, the highest level an experienced solo driver could reach was $.38 per mile, plus a potential $.02 per mile quarterly performance bonus. Today, that’d be $.52 per mile base pay plus a potential $.04 per mile in performance pay added to weekly pay.
From $.40 to $.56 in earning potential — that’s a 40% increase in earning potential in just 3.5 years! Plus, sign-on bonuses and an unlimited number of referral bonuses!
Don’t Forget These Benefits
Pay is obviously a huge part of driver compensation, but when considering an employer, you need to consider the overall pay and benefits package, which, at Schneider, includes the following above and beyond everything above:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- A leading 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 in driving school tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month)
- Paid CDL training program and refresher course options
- Credit for Military Experience program and more military benefits
- A nationwide facility network packed with free driver amenities
- More — learn about all driver benefits
Read more about our pay and benefits.
At Schneider, you’ll earn what you deserve and have options for medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off and more.
Do you have any questions about the new 2018 Van Truckload pay increase, other recent pay upgrades or additional components of Schneider’s driver pay and benefits package? Comment below.