I’m Scott, and I’ve been with Schneider Transportation Management (STM), Schneider’s third-party logistics (3PL) business, since June 2010. I’ve earned several sales awards — including Seller of the Year. What I love most about working for Schneider is that we are able to decide how much success we have and the fun environment we work in.
I know you’ll love it too once you get a taste of what a typical day in STM looks like:
Start of the Day
- Before I get to the office, I’m planning ahead and trying to predict problems I need to solve for my customers, getting ready for a full day of thinking on my feet!
- Hit the phones with coffee in hand. Morning is prime time to reach prospects and add to my book of business — the opportunities (and my paycheck!) are limitless.
- Check my load board for pending freight and update my customers. Developing relationships is crucial for me to succeed.
- My supervisor spends time with me on conference calls to help close business. A big reason that I work at Schneider is because I have the freedom to develop my own work style; however, I love learning how to get ahead with some coaching from my boss.
- Tracking ahead of the pace is important to me. I quickly crosscheck where I stand for the day before I head out for lunch.
- Some days are busier than others, but when I can I spend lunch with my team members. We share stories and talk about our goals — it’s always fun to stir up a little friendly competition among coworkers.
- The team meets after lunch to discuss any hot topics, successes and ways to improve — our goal at Schneider is to do what we say we’re going to do.
- I thrive from team energy and camaraderie. After our meeting, I get back to the phones to nail down some additional business.
End of the Day
- Finish up the day with several loads and new contacts. I’ve blown past my target and increased my commission for the month, which feels great! Update a few things before I head out. Good day with great people!
Do you have any questions about working for Schneider Transportation Management? Have you explored Schneider’s STM career opportunities?