Drivers asked for it, and Schneider has responded. We’re excited to announce that in 2020, company drivers across all service offerings will receive holiday pay.
Holiday pay details
Starting Jan. 1, 2020, drivers will receive six paid holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
The amount of holiday pay is determined by Schneider tenure.
More details will be shared later this year to Schneider’s current drivers during benefits open enrollment period and drivers applying to join the company.
More recent pay upgrades
Schneider evaluates driver pay every week, and holiday pay joins a long list of recent driver pay upgrades:
- Enhanced performance pay and automatic annual increases
- Multiple driver pay increases
- Unique driver benefits package, including best-in-class 401(k)
- All pay and benefits blog posts
- Full details on pay and benefits for experienced drivers and inexperienced drivers
More examples of upgrades based on driver feedback
The pay upgrades above are just some of the changes introduced as part of Schneider’s long-term, company-wide Driver Experience initiative, focused on improving all facets of the driver experience. Several other examples of driver feedback leading directly to change include:
- Adding APUs and fridges to our standard truck spec
- Updating our driver speed stance
- Top 5 driver experience upgrades in 2019
We will keep listening and keep responding to drivers.
Ready to upgrade to holiday pay and a better driver experience?
Schneider is hiring truck drivers now throughout the country. You at least owe it to yourself to explore what’s available near you.