Schneider is excited to announce its internship program was recently recognized as one of the country’s 100 Best Internships and 30 Best Internships for Diversity by Vault, an online resource for job seekers.
Fourteen-thousand current and former interns were asked questions about the application process and meaningfulness of their internship experience, in addition to full-time employment prospects. Their responses to these questions compiled the 100 Best Internships list.
Vault also named the 30 Best Internships for Diversity; employers who made this list scored highly in areas that focus on women, minorities, LGBT individuals and other underrepresented groups.
About Schneider’s internship program
Schneider hires 70-90 interns each year, representing 45-plus colleges and universities across the US, Canada and Mexico.
Students can gain experience in dozens of areas at Schneider, including information technology, finance, operations, customer service, human resources, sales, marketing and more.
The internship program also includes professional development opportunities like college to career panels, lunchtime meetings, onboarding, learning and development courses and more.
Take a look at what students enjoy most about their Schneider internships here.
What Schneider looks for in an intern
Students must meet certain requirements to be considered for a Schneider internship, including:
- Be currently enrolled in college or technical school and have completed freshman year.
- Pursuing a major relevant to the work at Schneider.
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or greater.
- Possess analytical and organizational skills.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Boast a strong work ethic and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Can work independently and on a team.