Schneider offers many opportunities for prospective truck drivers to meet with recruiters across the country at recruiting events. Making a career move is a big decision, and these events allow you to have a one-on-one conversation regarding potential truck driving opportunities with Schneider.
Treat it as a hiring event or an information-gathering event. Whatever your approach, it is a chance to get your questions answered and learn about all aspects of a driving position — whether you’re a truck driving school graduate or an experienced trucker.
Here is what you can expect at a Schneider truck driver recruiting event:
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Stop in at any time during the event
- No appointment required — walk-ins welcome
- No need to stay for the full event duration
- No commitment required when attending an event
- Detailed discussion topics
- How to obtain a CDL
- Available positions near you
- Pay and benefits
- Military programs
- Requirements – endorsements, experience, etc.
- Terminology clarification
- Documentation to take home
- How to apply
- Contact information
- On-site application assistance (time permitting)
- Facility tour (if held at a Schneider location)
- Free stuff — will vary, but you won’t leave empty handed!
If you plan to attend an event, here is a list of items to consider bringing:
- A list of questions to ask the recruiter – general or position-specific
- Resume and/or work history
- Motor vehicle information