Truck Driver Pay & Benefits
Delivering what matters to you.
At Schneider, we respect and appreciate the safe, quality service that truck drivers provide. After all, you are the backbone of our business. One way we show our appreciation is with exceptional pay and benefits.Search and Apply Company Drivers
Schneider’s compensation highlights
- We offer an overall compensation package — combining driver pay, benefits and many other perks — that is continually reviewed to ensure it is highly competitive
- We offer a pay-for-performance plan to attract and retain the best drivers in the industry
- We value drivers at all experience levels and reward drivers based on performance
- We recognize longevity through exclusive membership into our Advantage Club
- We provide drivers with access to a consumer-driven medical plan with a range of coverage options and a complete benefits package
- We offer a wide range of other perks, such as tuition reimbursement, group discounts and a facility network offering low-cost meals and complementary services while drivers are away from home
Schneider pays truck drivers based on performance and rewards drivers who deliver the highest level of achievement. Exact pay rates vary by type of work and geography. Get a feel for average earnings expectations, or for specific information, speak with a Schneider recruiter.
All drivers are able to earn bonuses by meeting or exceeding a variety of key performance metrics. You will be updated with weekly metrics, and your scorecard is available to you at any time. Some examples of those metrics are:
- Fuel Management
New Class A CDL holders and truck driving school graduates are able to receive up to three automatic pay increases within the first year (depending on the type of driving job). Anniversary reviews and quarterly/monthly bonuses provide additional pay increase opportunities for all drivers.
Complete benefits — insurance, 401(k) and more
Schneider has designed a comprehensive benefits package with your needs in mind. Associates regularly scheduled to work 30+ hours per week are considered eligible, and once you become eligible, you have 30 days to enroll in your benefits.
- Experienced drivers (6+ months experience): Many benefit options effective 60 days after date of hire
- Inexperienced drivers (<6 months experience): Many benefit options effective 90 days after date of hire
Health Care and Wellness
- Consumer-driver health plan
Health care doesn't have to be complicated. Schneider offers U.S. associates a consumer-driven medical plan with premium reductions for non-tobacco/nicotine users and additional Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) deposit for completing a wellness screening. Coverage includes medical and prescription coverage.
- Dental coverage
Our dental plan covers standard preventive care at 100%. Plan includes basic and major restorative care such as fillings, crowns and bridges.
- Vision materials
Schneider offers a vision materials plan that provides an allowance for discounted prescription glasses and contacts.
- Flexible spending accounts
Put aside pre-tax cash from your paycheck to pay for non-reimbursed medical, dental, vision and dependent care expenses. Participation in the medical, dental or vision plans is not required.
- Vision exam
Schneider offers all associates and enrolled dependents an annual eye exam for a low copayment of $10.
- Employee Assistance Program
Get free counseling sessions to help manage your personal and relationship issues, resources for child or elder care, and legal and financial advice.
- Life insurance
You receive, at no cost, $20,000 in term life insurance coverage.
401(k) and retirement plan
You can join the 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. You can elect to contribute 1-50% of your eligible pay to your 401(k).
You can also elect to contribute on a pre-tax basis, Roth post-tax basis or combination of both. After you have completed three months of employment, you will be eligible to receive company match.
Option benefits at reduced rates
You can purchase the following benefits at a negotiated group rate that can be conveniently pulled through payroll deductions.
- Accident insurance
Extra coverage for accident-related medical expenses
- CDL Defender Plan
Legal protection for your CDL and your spouse’s CDL
- Critical illness insurance
Extra coverage in case of a serious illness
- Family Legal Plan
Legal coverage for non-work-related issues
- Voluntary life insurance
Additional term life insurance policy for you, your spouse and your children
- Voluntary short-term disability
Provides 60% of your monthly earnings when you are unable to work due to an illness or injury, up to 26 weeks
- Time Off
- Paid time off:
- 1 week after 1 year
- 2 weeks after 2 years
- 3 weeks after 7 years
- 4 weeks after 15 years
- Funeral leave: Up to three days of paid funeral leave
- Jury duty: Receive paid time off for jury duty
- Military leave: Time off is available for required military training and service
- Commuter benefits
Purchase parking or transit passes online, with no hassle, with pre-tax paycheck deductions.
- Adoption assistance
Receive up to $4,000 one-time reimbursement for eligible adoption expenses of a non-related child, age birth through 16 years
- Home and auto insurance
Purchase discounted coverage through payroll deductions.
- Associate discounts
Exclusive national and local discounts through our website.
- Service awards
At milestone anniversaries, choose from many unique gifts.
After five years of service with Schneider, driver associates are admitted into the Advantage Club. This club recognizes you for your hard work and loyalty.
As a club member, you’ll have the opportunity to attend a variety of sporting events, such as NFL games or NASCAR races, dinners and many other unique opportunities all paid by Schneider to include travel, hotel and food.
After you go to driving school and get your CDL, Schneider will help foot the bill — up to $7,000 for driving school graduates. Check out our program for truck driving school graduates and get ready to hit the road.
Take a loved one out on the open road with you. Eligible passengers include friends over the age of 18 and immediate family members over the age of 10.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you:
Search and Apply Company Drivers