- Wilmer, TX
- Third shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 5:30pm-04:00am + Every Other Weekend
About the Role:
- Maintain, inspect, and repair tractor systems such as fuel, engine, transmissions, electrical, brakes, steering, satellite/cellular systems, HVAC, drivelines, tires, and body work.
- Utilize forklift and possibly company vehicles to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers, and suppliers.
- Consult paper documentation and electronic instructions to understand, document, and complete work orders.
- Utilize paper and computer systems to accurately build, track, and complete repairs including the tracking of time, parts used, and work completed.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
A competitive hourly wage paid weekly, shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hr for weekend work
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation and adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Successful candidates will have:
- An Associates Degree or two years equivalent work experience.
- A Technical degree, Certificate or Diploma in Engines, Diesel Technology, or Electronics.
- A Certification as an Annual Vehicle and or Brake Inspector.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Windows, creative problem solving, analytical skills, strong communication, and attention to detail.
- An ability to complete the role required training within 12 months of hire and to provide your own tools within 30 days of hire (Shop leader will cover required tools).
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.