Bulk Tank Technician
- Gary, IN
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00pm-0130am + Every Other Weekend
Perform repair work in the tractor and express areas, but primary focus will be on repair of tank trailers.
Complete Preventative Maintenance (PMs), annual inspections and repairs on trailer systems such as brakes, electrical, suspension, doors, tires and body work. This work will be overseen by a Senior Bulk Technician.
Complete Preventative Maintenance (PMs), annual inspections and repairs on tractor systems such as fuel, engine, transmissions, electrical, brakes, steering, satellite/cellular systems, HVAC, drivelines, tires and minor body work.
Perform express area related services including tire changing, brake, electrical, and safety related inspections and other work meeting the express criteria.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
A competitive hourly wage paid weekly plus shift pay of $1.50/hour based on hour worked
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in welding, automotive, diesel technology or equivalent work experience plus 1-2 years of relatable experience
- Experience with welding, particularly tank welding, is a plus
- Skill with windows based computer systems and ability to use diagnostic software preferred
- Ability to read and understand technical reference materials (ie. Service bulletins, repair manuals)
- Ability to provide own tools within 30 days of hire (The Shop leader will cover required tools)
- Willing to become Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements) and Brake Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements)
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.