- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday
As a Rebuild Technician, you will follow standardized processes, conduct associate inspects, and clean, evaluate, test, and rebuild various tractor and trailer components. You collaborate with various Schneider Maintenance associates and outside vendor representatives to determine root cause of the component failure and appropriate repair stances. If you are ready for your next career move, apply today!
About the role:
- Implement process improvements to advance a LEAN/5S environment
- Utilize forklift and possibly company vehicles (based on location) to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers and suppliers as needed.
- Communicate with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
- Follow repair guidelines and Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) unique to Schneider
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
- A competitive hourly wage paid weekly, starting wage between $17.40/hr - $26.00/hr based on experience plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work.
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A technical degree, certificate, or diploma in engines, electronics, or related systems or equivalent work experience
Ability to read and understand technical reference materials (ie. Service bulletins, repair manuals)
Basic welding skills preferred
Ability to provide own tools within 30 days of hire (The Shop leader will cover required tools.)
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.