Senior Tractor Technician $5,000.00 sign-on bonus
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Schneider is seeking a high-energy, team oriented and efficient Senior Tractor Technician to join Schneider's highly-skilled and diverse maintenance team to perform all van trailer estimation, diagnosis, and repairs following standard operating procedures (SOPs). Perform all types of trailer repairs in a proficient manner including accident repair. Diagnose and repair all trailer electrical systems. Complete routine rebuilds and replacements, makes best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and then perform technical repairs and/or replacement.
- Diagnoses and repairs problems in the areas including all external component replacements and routine repairs, annual vehicle inspections (AVIs), Preventative Maintenance (PM), brake jobs, ABS systems, satellite/cellular systems, tires and lighting repairs.
- Repairs/replaces components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include roofs, panels and side posts, rail splice / replacement, door header and doors, sub-frames, floors, prop legs, landing gear, and accident repair. Accident repairs on trailers may include welding and complex component changes (frame rebuilds, etc). Some locations may require repair and replacement of lift gates, roll-up door, and congear.
- Completes the estimation of required repairs, cost and repair timeline.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- A competitive hourly wage: starting pay between $23.10/hour and $34.70/hour paid weekly
- A results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- A clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and company provided uniforms
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Ideal candidates will have:
- Associate Degree or relevant work experience. Two to four years of equivalent work experience.
- A technical degree, certificate, or diploma in engines, electronics or in a related field is helpful.
- Completed the Annual Vehicle and/or the Brake Inspector Certification.
- Mastered the following tools; Digital multimeter, welders, cutting torch, frame, body straightening equipment, hand and power tools, and/or shop computer navigation.
- Worked with diagnostic software, Detroit S-60, DD15 engines, and DEF/after treatment repairs.
- Provided their own tools within 30 days of hire.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.