$2,000 sign-on bonus
Midwest Logistics Systems, LTD. (MLS) is seeking a Diesel Technician to perform preventative maintenance, component replacements and troubleshoot on MLS's fleet of trailers and trucks. In this role, you will replace tires, install brakes, and complete electrical and safety inspections. You will have the autonomy to make value based decisions and will have the opportunity to continue to develop within the industry and to advance your career within MLS!
About the Role:
- Performs express area related services including tire changing, brake, electrical, and safety related inspections and other work meeting the express criteria
- Utilize forklift and possibly company vehicles to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers, and suppliers.
- Consult paper documentation and electronic instructions to understand, document, and complete work orders.
- Utilize paper and computer systems to accurately build, track, and complete repairs including the tracking of time, parts used, and work completed.
As an associate, you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes a leading benefits package including:
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Company-provided uniforms and safety equipment, including yearly boot reimbursement
- Strong training and mentorship
- Tool discount program
Ideal candidates will have:
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum of two years relevant industry experience.
- Technical degree, Certificate or Diploma in Engines, Diesel Technology, or Electronics preferred.
- Certification as an Annual Vehicle and Brake Inspector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, creative problem solving, analytical skills, strong communication, and attention to detail.
- Provide your own tools within 30-60 days of hire (Shop leader will cover required tools).
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 230664