$2,000 sign-on bonus
- New Castle, IN
- First shift
- Full time; Monday - Friday 7a-3:30p
Midwest Logistics Systems, LTD. (MLS) is seeking a skilled Trailer Technician who will perform van trailer repairs, in a proficient manner, from minor repairs to accident repairs. You will have the opportunity to diagnose and repairs minor trailer electrical systems, as well as complete routine rebuilds and replacements. You will be looked at as a subject matter expert to make the best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and then perform technical repairs and/or replacements.
About the role:
- Diagnose and repairs problems in the areas including all external component replacements and routine repairs, annual vehicle inspections (AVIs), Preventative Maintenance (PM), brake jobs, ABS systems, satellite/cellular systems, tires and lighting repairs.
- Repair/replace components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include tires, prop legs, landing gear, and minor accident repair. Some locations may require repair of lift gates, roll-up door, and congear.
- Utilize parts reference materials, the computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems and identify and locate parts. Charge out parts removed from inventory and assists in maintaining parts inventory.
- Utilize forklift and possibly company vehicles (based on location) to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers and suppliers as needed.
- Read paper and electronic instructions to understand, document and close completed work orders. Utilizing paper (i.e. permits) and computer systems to accurately create, track and complete work order repairs including the tracking of time (labor hours), parts used and work completed.
- Communicate with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate, you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes a leading benefits package, including:
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Company-provided uniforms and safety equipment, including yearly boot reimbursement
- Strong training and mentorship
- Tool discount program
Ideal candidates will have:
- Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in welding, electronics, or related systems, with one to two years of relevant experience.
- Skills with Windows based computer systems and an ability to use diagnostic software.
- Ability to read and understand technical reference materials (ie. Service bulletins, repair manuals).
- Ability to provide personal tools within 30-60 days of hire per the instruction of the shop leader.
- Annual Vehicle Inspector certification (per DOT requirements) and Brake Inspector certification (per DOT requirements).
- Demonstrated welding skills in non-standard situations and on varying materials.
Wholly owned subsidiaries of Schneider, Midwest Logistics Systems, Ltd. (MLS) and Midwest Truck and Trailer Maintenance, LLC (MTTM) are operated separately from Schneider with separate operating procedures, qualification requirements, pay packages and benefits. If you have any questions about MLS/MTTM maintenance jobs, please contact a recruiter at email@example.com.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 230701