Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck DriverTop Drivers earn $71,000 | Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Average pay:
- $51,850 - $63,150
- Home time:
- Every other week
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
In this new long haul configuration, Schneider Over-the-Road truck drivers stay in the eastern 37 states, earning up to $0.52 per mile* starting pay and averaging 2,000-2,500 miles per week. Haul 95% no-touch freight and choose from different home time options. If you're looking to hit the open road, rack up big miles and explore the country, there's no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an OTR trucker for Schneider. Start your Over-the-Road truck driving career with Schneider's Van Truckload division today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $71,000 per year*
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $2,500 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- $0.01 per mile automatic annual pay increase
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
- Higher pay: Inexperienced OTR mileage rates, for example, have increased 17% in the last two years
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Opportunity to complete a paid five-week Class A CDL apprenticeship training course at a Schneider facility.
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed
- HazMat endorsement preferred
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
More Reasons to Choose Over-the-Road Driving at Schneider
- Adventure - enjoy variety every day with different freight, customers and locations
- Average fleet age less than 3 years, over 2/3 automated transmissions
- Industry-leading, year-round nationwide freight base
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity, locate equipment, expedite access and more
- Learn more about Over-the-Road driving
Since 1935, Schneider has had over 5,000 drivers who've driven over one million consecutive miles safely. Experienced drivers continue to call Schneider home because they know firsthand that Schneider treats drivers right. Experience it for yourself.
"With Schneider, I'm family. I wouldn't trade this for anything."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Ohio. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.