New pay increase - Over-the-Road (OTR) Van Truckload truck driver - 48 statesTop drivers earn $77,000 | Up to $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $54,000 - $66,000
- Home time:
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
Earn up to $0.53 per mile* starting pay, racking up 2,000-2,600 miles per week traveling throughout the country as a Schneider Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver. Haul 95% no-touch freight and choose from a variety of home time options as an OTR trucker in this long-haul position.
Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver job overview
- $54,000 to $66,000* average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks with new pay increase.
- $77,000* top annual earning potential with new pay increase.
- Earn at least $900 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Up to $0.53 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile.
- Home typically every 3-4 weeks, with flexible options available.
- 2,000 - 2,600 average miles per week traveling the contiguous 48 states.
- Dry van trailers with 95% no-touch freight.
- $7,500 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
- $5,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities.
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
Still need a CDL, endorsement or more driving experience? Learn how to get a CDL or call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Over-the-Road truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- $200-$400/month tuition reimbursement (up to $7,000) for qualified drivers.
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Over-the-Road
- All-encompassing pay packages – Your pay includes all facets of the exact job you do plus eligible annual pay increases and performance pay.
- Paid orientation – Whether you are an experienced or inexperienced truck driver, you will attend a paid orientation that covers all aspects of the job you’ll be doing.
- Bigger money – Longer hauls means more miles which equals more money in your pocket.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Portland Facility and customer locations.
- Learn more about Van Truckload and Over-the-Road driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.