Van Truckload Driver InstructorHome daily | Charlotte, NC
Coach and mentor truck driver candidates during the in-truck phase of the Entry Level Driver Training Program as a Van Truckload Driver Instructor. Enjoy daily home time as you work out of the Charlotte facility.
Charlotte Van Truckload Driver Instructor job overview
- Demonstrate and teach driving skills and techniques that align with Schneider Training Academy guidelines and training materials.
- Train driver candidates until they reach expected levels of ability in all in-truck and at-truck activities found in the Entry Level Driver Training Program curriculum.
- Clearly explain expectations and provide driver candidates with verbal and written performance feedback along with suggestions for improvement.
- Provide Training Academy leaders with status updates on driver candidates who are not progressing to expected levels of ability within set timelines.
- Use every available training resource (peer instructors, Driver Training leaders, Safety Training Managers, etc.) to help driver candidates improve their abilities as drivers.
- Maintain a work area (truck, trailer, yard and office desk) that is clean, serviceable and reflects the professional standards of the Training Academy.
- Successfully complete the annual instructor recertification process.
- Haul freight as needed.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and timeliness, including team meetings.
- Demonstrate professional behavior that aligns with Schneider core values, high standards and dress code.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the scope of the job may change as needed by business demands.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Charlotte Van Truckload Driver Instructor qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and DOT physical card.
- Minimum 12 months of Class A driving experience and six months of verifiable instructor/training experience or minimum five years of recent Class A driving experience.
- Meet minimum driving qualifications for Schneider’s CDL drivers and have a knowledge of and adherence to policies.
- Live within 60 miles of Charlotte, NC.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements with minimal logging or Hours of Service violations.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and correct unsafe or aggressive driving habits.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the ability and willingness to accept change.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Additional Van Truckload Driver Instructor job benefits
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider in Charlotte
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Charlotte Facility.
- Learn more about Schneider’s culture for Driver Instructors.
Hear more about this role from our Driver Instructors
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.