Local Tanker truck driverTop drivers earn $70,000 | Up to $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $58,100 - $71,000
- Home time:
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
Become a Local Tanker truck driver for Schneider and get home daily, haul two-thirds non-hazardous bulk liquid chemicals and travel an average of 2,000 miles each week. Schneider Local Tanker truck drivers average $58,100 to $71,000 annually and have the potential to earn an additional $0.04 per mile in performance pay.
Local Tanker truck driver job overview
- $54,900 to $67,100 * average annual earnings.
- $70,000* top annual earning potential.
- Up to $0.43 per mile* with weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile.
- Home daily.
- 2,000 average miles per week, mostly in Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin.
- Two-thirds non-hazardous liquid freight.
- $5,000 limited-time sign-on bonus for experienced drivers.
- $2,500 limited-time sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Local Tanker truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Live within 50 miles of Chicago, IL or Gary, IN.
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider’s self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) required within 60 days of hire.
Need one or more of your endorsements, or unsure if you qualify? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Local Tanker truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers.
- Mileage, accessorial, detention and loading/unloading pay all included.
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Local Tanker
- Hands-on work – Enjoy a nice change of pace from driving as you get paid to unload using pumps and hoses.
- Elite paid training – Learn how to master this unique work with industry-leading paid orientation specifically for Tanker driving.
- Top-notch equipment – Drive the best thanks to continuous investments in tractors, tank trailers and Tanker-specific technology.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Gary Facility.
- Learn more about Tanker and Local truck driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.