Regional Tanker truck driverTop drivers earn $75,000 | Up to $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $57,600 - $70,400
- Home time:
- Every other week
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
Join Schneider’s elite Tanker team by hauling 2/3 non-hazardous bulk liquid chemicals as a Regional Tanker truck driver. Earn up to $75,000 annually with accessorial pay and benefit from getting home every other week.
Houston Regional Tanker truck driver job overview
- $57,600 to $70,400* average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks and 20-25% of pay from accessorials.
- $75,000* top annual earning potential.
- Earn $950 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Up to $0.54 per mile* with weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile.
- Home every other week.
- 1,500 - 2,000 average miles per week, mostly in the Southwest.
- Two-thirds non-hazardous liquid freight.
- $5,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
- $2,500 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Houston Regional Tanker truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Live within 75 miles of Houston, TX and live in Texas.
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider’s self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred — required to start process within 60 days of hire.
Need one or more of your endorsements, or unsure if you qualify? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Regional Tanker truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- $200-$400/month tuition reimbursement (up to $7,000) for qualified drivers.
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Regional Tanker in Houston
- Bigger money – You'll be one of the highest paid drivers in the fleet.
- Hands-on work – Enjoy a nice change of pace from driving as you get paid to unload using pumps and hoses.
- Elite paid training – Learn how to master this unique work with industry-leading paid orientation specifically for Tanker driving.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Houston Facility.
- Learn more about Tanker and Regional truck driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.