Local Intermodal Tanker truck driverTop drivers earn $77,000 | Up to $10,000 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $58,950 - $72,050
- Home time:
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
Join Schneider’s elite Tanker team and haul two-thirds non-hazardous bulk liquid chemicals as a Local Intermodal Tanker truck driver. Earn up to $77,000 annually, get home daily and drive an average of 1,500-1,700 miles each week.
Chicago Local Intermodal Tanker truck driver job overview
- $58,950 to $72,050* average annual earnings.
- $77,000* top annual earning potential.
- Performance pay up to $600 per quarter, paid out weekly.
- Home daily.
- 1,500 - 1,700 average miles per week.
- Two-thirds non-hazardous liquid freight.
- $10,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
- $5,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Chicago Local Intermodal Tanker truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Live within 40 miles of Chicago, IL.
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider’s self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred — required to start process within 60 days of hire.
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
Need one or more of your endorsements, or unsure if you qualify? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Local Intermodal Tanker truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- $200-$400/month tuition reimbursement (up to $7,000) for qualified drivers.
- Pay based on daily rate.
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Local Intermodal Tanker in Chicago
- Bigger money – You'll be one of the highest paid drivers in the fleet.
- Hands-on work – Enjoy a nice change of pace from driving as you get paid to unload using pumps and hoses.
- Elite paid training – Learn how to master this unique work with industry-leading paid orientation specifically for Tanker driving.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Gary Facility.
- Learn more about Tanker and Intermodal truck driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.