Tanker Lead Driver TrainerHome weekly | Houston, TX
Act as the subject matter expert in commercial driving by supporting tanker drivers with various training needs and evaluating essential skills as a Tanker Lead Driver Trainer. Trainers will also partner with operations to reposition equipment and pull freight as needed. Enjoy preparing new tanker drivers for a rewarding career with Schneider.
Houston Tanker Lead Driver Trainer job overview
- Accountable for scheduling and administering hands-on training based on individual Tanker driver needs, in accordance with curriculum developed by the curriculum design team.
- These trainings include but not limited to: performance enhancement training, preliminary skills behavior assessment, experienced enhancement module, annual evaluations, safetrac, return to work, HazMat, logging, road testing, etc.
- Partner with Safety and Training Leadership and Operations to help resolve problems or issues identified during training, then make recommendations on next steps.
- Maintain and update training records to ensure compliance.
- Identify, correct and report any unsafe act conducted by a Schneider associate.
- Support Operations in other capacities to include repositioning equipment, hauling freight and performing truck inspections.
- Be a resource for professional driver associates on a variety of questions related to driving.
- Assist in the Operating Center with unique training/testing requirements based on their unique business needs.
- Act as a resource to the operations leadership team, including assisting operations in providing road ready tractors and trailers to its drivers, and performs any other duties assigned by operating center/Training leadership.
- Represent Schneider and self in a manner that reflects pride and professionalism through following the dress code and by strict adherence to the organizations core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Houston Tanker Lead Driver Trainer qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and DOT physical card.
- Minimum of 12 months of Class A driving experience as a Schneider Tanker preferred.
- Training Engineer (driving mentor) certified with six months of active mentoring within the previous 12 months or current Tanker Driver Trainer experience preferred.
- Have a knowledge of and adherence to policies.
- Live within 60 miles of Houston, TX.
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider’s self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- Ability to identify, analyze and correct unsafe or aggressive driving habits.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the ability and willingness to accept change.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Additional Lead Driver Trainer job benefits
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider in Houston
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Houston Facility.
- Learn more about Schneider’s culture for Driver Trainers.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.