Driver TrainerHome daily | Portland, OR
Act as the subject matter expert in commercial driving by supporting drivers with various training needs and evaluating essential skills as a Driver Trainer. Enjoy preparing new drivers for a rewarding career with Schneider.
Portland Driver Trainer job overview
- Accountable for administering hands-on training based on individual driver needs, in accordance with curriculum developed by the curriculum design team.
- These trainings include but not limited to: performance enhancement training, preliminary skills behavior assessment, experienced enhancement module, annual evaluations, safetrac, return to work, hazmat, logging, road testing, etc.
- Partner with Safety and Training Leadership and Operations to help resolve problems or issues identified during training, then make recommendations on next steps.
- Maintain and update training records to ensure compliance.
- Identify, correct and report any unsafe act conducted by a Schneider associate.
- Support Operations in other capacities to include repositioning equipment, hauling freight and performing truck inspections.
- Be a resource for professional driver associates on a variety of questions related to driving.
- Assist in the transfer of personal belongings, turn-in of equipment and execution of administrative details needed for driver out processing.
- Help new driver associates adapt to the lifestyle of an over-the-road driver.
- Haul freight regularly.
- Represent Schneider and self in a manner that reflects pride and professionalism through following the dress code and by strict adherence to the organizations core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Portland Driver Trainer qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and DOT physical card.
- Minimum 12 months of Class A driving experience and six months of verifiable instructor/training experience or minimum five years of recent Class A driving experience.
- Have a knowledge of and adherence to policies.
- Live within 40 miles of Portland, OR.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements with minimal logging or Hours of Service violations.
- Ability to identify, analyze and correct unsafe or aggressive driving habits.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the ability and willingness to accept change.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Additional Driver Trainer job benefits
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
Hear more about this role from our Driver Trainers
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.