Driver Service Customer Specialist
- Gary, IN
- Third shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Rotating Schedule - includes every other weekend
Schneider is seeking a Driver Service Customer Specialist to join our thriving team. As a Driver Service Customer Specialist, you will provide customer service to our drivers and our contractors to assist them in scheduling equipment moves, fueling, shipping assignments, permitting and assisting with scheduling maintenance needs. In this role, our Driver Service Customer Specialists utilize their business acumen by providing outstanding problem solving, detail orientation and organizational skills. Additionally, our Driver Service Customer Specialists build collaborative relationships with a variety of departments including all our Lines of Business, Maintenance, Security Services, Customer Service, Regulatory and Claims. These productive relationships ensure that we can provide excellent customer service in a fast paced and dynamic environment to our drivers.
- Welcome drivers and operate security gates, assist with organizing equipment and parking moves, verify security and ensure accurate records
- Oversee fuel records and reconciling data against current inventory levels and market pricing
- Ensure the Schneider facility has the materials they need to operate efficiently and safely
- Act as a resource for drivers assisting them with any questions they have on shipments while proactively communicating with our Lines of Business and Maintenance teams
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Our ideal candidates will:
- Have a high school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience and two to four years of work experience
- Have previous experience working within a customer service environment
- Be skilled in relationship building, detail orientation and problem solving.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.