Team Leader - Customer Service - Driver Services
- Carlisle, PA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday
Schneider is seeking a team focused Driver Services Leader to focus on creating a consistent, best-in-industry experience for driver associates at multiple operating locations. You will manage day-to-day operations optimizing facility effectiveness, throughput, and the value proposition at Schneider Operating Centers. You will also suggest and implement continuous improvement initiatives that support the vision of providing world class service and support at a competitive cost.
About the role:
- Coach driver services associates' individual and team development. Provide regular performance feedback which engages associates and enhances their contributions and results.
- Manage Driver Services: Gate traffic, yard management, security, shipment special services (high value, claims hazardous material, and other protective services), fuel reporting, emergency response, cafeteria and other vendor services, driver supplies inventory and distribution, equipment maintenance information and availability, permits, document transflow, company cars, and budget.
- Build business relationships with vendors holding them accountable for value, service, and timely and effective problem resolution.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- High School/GED or equivalent work experience, plus 2-4 years relatable experience
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop others; set clear direction for associates and connect the enterprise vision to their work
- Effective listening, oral and written communication skills
- Influencing skills, resulting in a positive outcome
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.