Technical Architect B2C
Schneider has an immediate need for a Technical Architect who will oversee the advancement of the most recent innovation that is the Schneider FreightPower® marketplace. FreightPower® was designed to optimize freight capacity and allow for instant quoting, booking, and shipment tracking right at a shipper and carrier's fingertips in a sleek user interface.
As the Technical Architect, you will be the link between our shipper and carrier development teams, overseeing product development and lifecycle, and enhancing the overall customer experience as we continue to grow the FreightPower® mobile and web-based application. You will lead and mentor technical leads and developers to create and maintain highly scalable and performant consumer experience. You will be a critical player of our team, working closely with our product leadership group and marketing, researching and presenting recommendations and continuous improvements to the product given user feedback.
In this role, you will:
- Research and recommend new products and tools, develop adoption plans, and manage consumer feedback for the use of developing and improving the FreightPower® application
- Plan, coordinate, and manage teams to effectively deliver product increments through technical strategy and architecture of highly scalable consumer grade applications
- Oversee process deployment, coding, and documentation standards, tools, and expectations of developers
- Use a comprehensive understanding of agile methodology to most effectively schedule software delivery
- Use various data formats and processes (ETL & ELT) in a real-time microservice/streaming environment
- Participate in testing, DevOps, monitoring, performance measurement, and incident management using CI/CD pipelines, TL area architecture, and detailed release cutover planning
Ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; plus a minimum of 10 years relevant IT experience
- Knowledge of Ionic, React, and Kafka in addition to API and microservices/service-based architecture
- Experience in technical strategy and architecture for consumer grade applications, utilizing knowledge of Android and iOS platforms and app stores
- Proven experience in implementation of backwards compatibility and A/B versioning strategies, as well as full stack experience in BFF (Backend for Frontend)
- An attention to detail on delivery of production-grade software including testing, DevOps, monitoring, performance measurement, and incident management
- An understanding of organizational data security policies and architecture requirements with a risk management mindset
- An ability to lead and mentor teams of developers in an agile methodology environment
- The ability to work at, and/or regularly travel, to our Corporate Business Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.