Driver Training Team Leader
- Indianapolis, IN
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday
Schneider is seeking a dedicated Driver Training Center Team Leader who you will provide leadership to driver trainers responsible for new student driver on-boarding, execute training programs, recommend training design adjustments to better meet the needs of the learners and the organization, and coordinate with outside vendors and customers to ensure best value to the organization. You will have the opportunity to lead driver training activities that occur over the road, at customer locations, and at Schneider National Operating Centers through the driver mentors, ensuring effective delivery and documentation.
As a Driver Training Center Team Leader, you will:
- Have accountability for overall academy management, performance, and leadership of driver trainers at a single Schneider Training Academy and small satellite locations (as necessary), to include individual performance discussions, managing pay and providing performance feedback
- Recommend training center staffing levels, facilities maintenance and improvements, plan staffing levels, and recruit driver associates to serve as driver mentors
- Track, report and manage to key training metrics that provide best in class training for our student drivers while ensuring the safest and most cost-effective means of deployment for the organization
- Serve as a business partner with Safety leaders and Operations leadership by attending regular Operations meetings, share updates on student drivers progress, and keep a strong mentoring relationship with safety leaders
- Assist, coach and train driver mentors in identifying training methods that will help student drivers in need of performance improvement
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of training experience as a TE, OSR, or Training Academy instructor
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- An ability to travel 5-10% of the time (except higher in regions with small satellite locations)
- Experience using Microsoft software with the ability to understand data and identify trends
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
We are a responsible member of the community.
Safety- first and always
Integrity in every action
Respect for all
Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.