Transportation Team Leader
- Remote Location:
- Green Bay, WI
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Thursday-Sunday 3:00pm-1:00am
About the role:
- Coach associates to consistently resolve problems and act on opportunities to provide on time service to customers in an effort to produce optimal revenue and earnings, meet driver needs, and reduce cost.
- Prioritize and determine most effective use of time and talents in order to meet business objectives ensuring the teams day-to-day work procedures and initiatives are completed timely and accurately.
- Make decisions related to training associates, directing the work of associates, evaluating performance, and performance coaching.
- Resolve problems related to productivity of drivers and equipment, safety, low cost of operations, and driver emergencies.
- Communicate effectively and build a professional relationship with internal / external customers and strive to exceed their total service expectations.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Logistics or Operations Management or equivalent work experience and 2-4 years relatable experience.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to work in a non-structured and fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Advanced technical/computer skills with experience using at least 3 to 4 different programs simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills, and strong time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build positive working relationships.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.