Business Operations Analyst
- Livonia, MI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Schneider is seeking a creative and process focused Business Operations Analyst to combine the measurement needs related to a business unit with the insights necessary to ensure strategic initiative success. You will provide systems support and analysis on a broad spectrum of operational and financial issues, such as matters taking care of operational efficiencies, technical functionality, and financial reporting.
About the role:
- Work collaboratively with customer to meet common goals, key factors, and cost savings
- Efficient in SQL and some programming knowledge: Python Preferred
- Ability to understand core processes of the department to provide input on reengineering or cost reduction opportunities
- You will review cost analysis process and initiate control activities, and measure changes in performance due to specification or equipment changes.
- Establish carrier meeting cadence, set agendas, and facilitate meetings.
- Work with Brokerage to find capacity for freight; communicate with carriers on status of loads tendered by Schneider
- Ensure appropriate data is maintained in reporting databases. Recommend new technology improvements to better meet customer needs
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation or Logistics preferred and/or 2-4 years relevant experience
- Technical skills - Advanced Excel (Vlook ups; formulas; If formulas); VBA, Power Query and Power Pivot a plus
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.