Customer Service Yard Jockey
- Wilmer, TX
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday-Saturday 8:00am-6:00pm
- Organizes the Schneider yard by driving and moving tractors and trailers to maximize space and make sure equipment is in the right location, this may include moving equipment to assist the shop when needed.
- Monitors and analyzes yard demand conditions daily, both visually and by using spreadsheets, reports, charts and graphs. Perform visual equipment checks when doing yard checks and writing up any equipment that needs repairs.
- Operates security gates, handles yard flow, and directs parking. Welcomes drivers at the entrance gate with the use of security cameras and speakers, records unit numbers and status in the computer. Verifies proper security and communicates maintenance procedures as units enter and exit Operating Center gates.
- Completes fuel related duties including completing forms, reconciling fuel inventory stock and posts current fuel prices. Enters fuel delivery data into Web based system.
- Stocks, inventories and issues driver supplies, parts, forms and printed material in accordance with published instructions. Examples: king pin locks, load straps, padlocks, oil, lights, log books.
- Assists drivers with storing and retrieving personal gear when transferring into different equipment.
- Provides drivers with information regarding shipments, relays, trailing unit assignments, and maintenance issues. Identifies loads at risk and other problems. Problem solves and communicates with appropriate resources.
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
- A competitive hourly wage: starting pay between $16.60/hour and $24.80/hour plus shift pay of either $1.25/hour or $2.00/hour based on hours worked
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account.
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Previous experience moving and driving tractor/trailer equipment
- Previous experience (4-6 years) with face to face customer interactions (retail, etc)
- High School/GED or equivalent work experience
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.