Business Support Specialist
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Schneider is seeking a detail-oriented Business Support Specialist to provide support in rating and/or qualifications that in turn will enable our Purchasing and Account teams to provide outstanding service for our customers. You will maintain accurate price data for the rating, payment and billing systems for domestic and international Logistics customers. This will include entering rates into the applicable platforms and ensuring data integrity of these rates, creating and revising contract publications, monitoring vendor qualifications and safety ratings, and managing data related to multiple transportation modes.
About the role:
- Develop and prepare rate publications and rate revisions according to the customer and vendor needs and systems controls.
- Maintain performance key factors according to current standards with revisions, contracts, monitoring vendor approval and rate entry.
- Prepare expiring insurance reports, obtain new provider certificates and update carrier insurance and authority status in database.
- Prepare and revise carrier contracts in a timely manner working with managers when necessary.
- Participate in customer start-ups helping to define and understand rate issues, contract/insurance requirements and/or issues and provide solutions to meet customer needs.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidates will have:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience plus two - four years relatable experience in customer service, preferrably in logistics or transportation, Rating experience desired
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Influencing skills, resulting in a positive outcome
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload
- Ability to work with confidential data and keep confidences
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills, Access experience preferred
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.