Cargo Claims Specialist
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Mon- Fri 7:00am- 4:00pm
Schneider is seeking a detail-oriented Cargo Claims Specialist to gather information on and process overage, shortage and damage claims. You will investigate the nature of the problems, determine claim validity, and charge the liable party; negotiating and settling all carrier claims. This will include producing a claim invoice, tracking outstanding claims, determining equitable settlements, managing daily work queues, and providing regular customer claims reporting.
About the role:
- Adequately and accurately document all pertinent claims activity while maintaining quality of file materials.
- Review, investigate, and respond to denials, settlement offers, and underpayments.
- Escalate unsettled claims to customer, account management, or purchasing in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Receive carrier checks, document entry, apply payment against claim, issue checks to customer as appropriate, and balance lockbox.
- Perform audits on claims received.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidates will have:
- High School/GED or equivalent work experience plus two – four years relevant experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Transportation and/or Logistics experience desired.
- Experience in transportation regulations as it relates to freight claims also preferred.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.