- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday
**HIRING FOR APRIL & JUNE START DATES!!
Schneider is seeking creative, dynamic, and passionate Freight Brokers to join our Schneider Transportation Management (STM) team! You will develop your own book of business by prospecting and building productive relationships using our state-of-the-art technology and resources. In addition, we ensure our Freight Brokers are up to date with real time market and industry data by offering an extensive brokerage training program which builds knowledge of the industry and the services Schneider offers. You will identify carrier networks, negotiate rates, and ensure our customer’s freight gets delivered.
About the role:
- Quote, negotiate prices and oversee transportation services with carriers through prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, and closing deals in an open transactional selling environment.
- Grow business with current carriers in alignment with account growth strategy plans and market demands, as well as identifying, prospecting, and generating new carriers through analysis and discovery.
- Work closely with Sales Account Representatives to provide short and long term carrier solutions for prospective and current customers.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a competitive base salary plus commission, growth opportunities and an established career path based on your professional goals. You will have a strong work life balance that includes, paid vacation, holidays and personal time off. You will have eligibility for medical, dental, and vision insurance and can participate in our company paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- An Associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Effective communication, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- The ability to develop professional relationships with carriers, shippers and internal/external customers.
- Experience with building proposals, negotiating rates, and delivering short and long term shipping solutions to customers.
Check out our office videos illustrating our open and high energy office culture:
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.