- Houston, TX
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Part-time; Monday - Thursday 29 hours per week
Schneider is currently looking for a high energy Administrative Assistant who will be the primary point of contact to our driver applicants at the Schneider Training Academy. You will see the applicant through our on-boarding process which will include a pre-work screen, physical and drug testing. You will also collaborate with on-site doctors and nurses to determine next steps with applicants who do not meet initial hiring qualifications.
About the role:
- Ensure students are aware of the objectives for their first day of on-boarding and help answer questions regarding the on-boarding and training process.
- Ensure students complete all on-boarding activities in a timely manner, and maintain and track on-boarding events of each candidate, by site.
- Keep sensitive applicant information confidential.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Our ideal candidates will have:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively through means of written and oral communication with strong attention to detail.
- Well organized, with experience handling multiple priorities and prioritizing workload, all with a sense of urgency towards a desired result.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.