IT Database Manager
Schneider is seeking a Database Manager to join our thriving IT team! You will have the opportunity to lead and develop people while managing tasks in areas related to technical architecture strategy and enablement, resource and capital planning, project planning and delivery, and product stewardship. This role works closely with technical and development teams to apply knowledge database technology to solve business problems. If you enjoy collaborating with business and technical leaders, working in both strategic and tactical areas to balance long term objectives with short term needs, this is an excellent opportunity for you!
About the role:
- Lead a technical team of associates and variable contract resources’ database activities including, but not limited to: database design, implementation, performance tuning, configuration, maintenance and system monitoring, both on-prem and in the cloud
- Lead the quality assurance function for solutions produced by project teams to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Remain current with advances in technology in this domain, changes in the transportation and logistics industries, cloud technology, and general business developments
- Understand Schneider’s technical operations and interactions between departments and maintain a functional proficiency in standard software, hardware and related storage and database technologies
- Explain complex information in an understandable way and productively challenge storage and database designs by adherence to standards and best practices
- Maintain strong relationships with infrastructure and development personnel and ensure collaboration of your associates to be productive team members with other areas of the business
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, plus a minimum of 7 years of relevant technical experience in highly complex environments both on-prem and in the Cloud; or the equivalent
- Prior management, supervisory or team leader experience leading a team of associates and working with contract resources
- Demonstrated leadership skill, with the ability to build and manage a budget
- An in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing activities involved in planning and executing infrastructure projects
- Experience with systems automation and SOX compliance
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.