Senior Software Engineer
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Schneider is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our thriving team! This position analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains custom program code and applications to support business processes and functions. Working on elements of large, complex applications, this position generally performs work on assignments or projects that are very large in size, scope, or complexity. This role is commonly a Subject Matter Expert in one or more specialties. This is a senior level individual contributor professional position. This position works independently on complex work or projects and with oversight on exceptional matters only.
About the role:
- Design, code, unit test, system test, performance test, debug, implement, document, and support solution systems through new system development, enhancements of existing systems, or implementation of third-party products.
- Perform complex tasks relating to the design and development of solutions requiring design patterns, performance considerations and supportability by others.
- Develop and document project design requirements that promote reuse, flexibility, scalability, reliability, maintainability, security, and adherence to Schneider's software development processes and architectural standards.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Four to six years of relevant experience.
- Advanced abilities with Java-based software development.
- Advanced knowledge of system design, development, development patterns, quality assurance, integration methodologies as well as business and IT strategies, architectural standards, and software capabilities.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.