- Manteca, CA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
Schneider has an immediate need for an energetic and customer-oriented Traffic Manager to work onsite at one of our customer locations. In this role you will be accountable for leading the inbound and outbound activities of our customer’s distribution center. You will also work closely with a variety of Schneider teams to identify the most significant issues for focus and resolution. You’ll work to strengthen relationships with our customer, associates, and external vendors.
About the role:
- Manage transportation budget for local parts distribution centers; to include the review and approval of all large dollar claims and transportation accessorial charges
- Play an active part in resolving shipping and transportation issues promptly; communicating action plan to customer, and following up to ensure resolution
- Communicate effectively and build a professional relationship with internal and external customers, striving to exceed their total service expectations
- Accountable for employee performance reviews, compensation and mentorship
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Operations Management or, Supply Chain and or equivalent work experience
- The ability to work in a non-structured and fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Advanced technical/computer skills with experience using at least 3 to 4 different programs simultaneously
- A professional and positive attitude; be reliable, and have the capability to prioritize projects through strong time management skills
- An innovative, goal-oriented and results driven approach
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.