Auto Liability Claims Adjuster
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Schneider is seeking a Claims Adjuster for the Risk Management Department. The department consists of four areas of claims management: (1) Accident Claims; (2) Cargo Claims; (3) Subrogation Claims and (4) Workers Compensation Claims. The primary responsibility of this position is to fully investigate, analyze and resolve claims and incidents. This could include negotiating property, injury, freight, workers compensation and subrogation claims. This may require cost effective management of third party administrators, independent adjusters, legal counsel, various experts and suppliers. Claims Adjusters will have specific objectives that may include: resolving disability claims and return injured employees to work as quickly as possible; managing order exceptions and adjust freight claims; maximizing financial recovery; pro-actively minimizing financial exposure.
About the role:
- Objectively review and evaluate claims for negligence, liability exposure, damages, subrogation potential, fraud, compensability, preventability, DOT or OSHA recordability, and other jurisdictional issues and place or recommend an appropriate reserve for both Indemnity and Expense.
- Aggressively manage the initial and ongoing field investigation either directly or through the use of independent adjusters, when necessary.
- Ensure that action plans and strategies are being executed that will affect the best possible financial, legal and overall claims outcome for the organization.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Associate degree or paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience considered
- One to two years relevant experience
- Ability to analyze various courses of action and make recommendations
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.