- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 7 am - 4 pm
Schneider is seeking a Transportation Planner to act as liaison between our partner carriers, operations and customer service. You will strengthen relationships with our carriers while aiding our operations & customer service groups with service updates, appointment setting, and accessorial discrepancies. In addition, you will be responsible for dispatching as well as meeting the service requirements of the customer.
About the role:
- Daily planning of all freight at the terminal. Match available capacity to customer freight.
- Monitor & take action on equipment utilization to reduce Pier Diem, Demerge & chassis costs.
- Responsible to schedule gate appointments: loads and empties as required per markets.
- Ensure appropriate paperwork and information is provided per customer requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the drivers to create a positive experience.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- High School/GED or equivalent work experience and a minimum of two years relevant experience, Transportation and dispatch experience preferred
- Effective communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with a diverse team
- Customer service mindset, motivated to achieve goals and the ability to work within deadlines
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.