Warehouse Team Leader
- Grapevine, TX
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Schneider is seeking a team focused and metric driven Warehouse Operations Team Leader to have direct accountability for the daily operations of a department within the warehouse facility. You will use your strong oral and written communication skills to build a high-powered team that exceeds business goals and understands operational discipline principles.
About the role:
- Select, train, schedule, coach and evaluate associates; communicate job expectations; reward job contributions and ensure that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Meet warehouse operational standards by supplying warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implement production, efficiency, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; identify warehouse system improvements.
- Oversee a variety of warehouse activities to include verifying, desk clerk functions, yard inventory, jockey truck activity, and other warehouse functions.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree preferred, and a minimum of one year of relatable work experience in logistics and/or warehousing environment.
- Overall knowledge of warehousing, storage, cross-docking and supply principles and processes.
- Forward thinking to analyze opportunities to deliver continuous improvement.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management Systems.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.