- Work model:
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Full time; Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Schneider is seeking a dedicated and ambitious Controller to join our Accounting and Finance Team. Our Sector Controllers work within a dynamic and multidimensional leadership role within our financial group. This role requires strong leadership skills to manage other leaders on the finance team and to influence decisions of senior leaders to include sector General Manager and the CEO/CFO. Additionally, this role is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial statements, forecasting, budgeting, and strategic planning activities for the defined sector.
About the role:
- Influence decisions of your sector by providing reporting and analysis, financial understanding and business perspectives on financial and operational issues.
- Ensure the accuracy of the sector financial documents, including, monthly profit and loss statements, forecasts and budgets.
- Analyze operating processes and expenditures on an ongoing basis and recommend & implement improvements.
- Meet all financial team deadlines to include month end, quarter and year-end close duties, balance sheet management, forecasting, budgeting and reporting requirements.
- Build and maintain internal controls in a Sarbanes Oxley compliant organization.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree required. MBA, CPA or CMA a plus
- Eight plus years of practical work experience required; a combination of financial, operations, and/or analytical experiences that include experience in a multi-division corporation preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence senior leaders
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 231508