- Reno, NV
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm
About the role:
- Receive shipping schedule for shift and operate truck/tractor to move filled trailers to yard parking area and bring empty trailers to appropriate docking space at a distribution center/warehouse/terminal.
- Safely operate equipment (i.e. tractor/trailer) and follow safety process & policies. Inspect, clean and prep trailers after placement at dock for loading. (i.e. sweep, look for/report damage).
- Perform yard checks.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High School/GED or equivalent work experience.
- A valid driver's license and meet Schneider's DMV record standards.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities, prioritize workload, and work with a sense of urgency toward a desired result.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.