All your questions answered
Schneider has an open door policy and embraces transparent communication. If you have questions, we are here to help. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions, below. If you still have a question that we haven't answered, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Why should I work for Schneider?
A. Prepare for a humble brag. There are many reasons to work for us, but for this FAQ page, we’ll limit ourselves to the top five:
- We are the best because we hire the best. You’ll be surrounded by motivated people who come to work ready to make a difference and live out our Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence each day.
- We genuinely care about and respect our associates. If you have an innovative idea on how to make something better, we want to hear it and put it into action.
- We are an entrepreneurial and agile industry leader with family-like feel. You’ll have access to opportunities across the North America, while enjoying a competitive pay and benefits package.
- We promise you won’t be bored. In this dynamic industry, you’ll face plenty of new challenges. When you tackle them, we’ll celebrate your success.
- We’ll help you advance your career if that’s what you want to do. As you develop professionally, you can customize your career path— moving into different positions throughout the business.
Q. Why would I want to work for a transportation and logistics company?
A. While glamorous isn't the first word that comes to mind, transportation is an industry that is essential to our country's prosperity. Schneider moves over 9.6 million miles of freight each day for businesses across the U.S. For reference, that equals 400 times around the globe! It's safe to say that our 19,400 associates directly affect the economy. We are the quiet force behind the movement of goods across the world. You could be part of that — which is pretty epic when you think about it. If you want a career where you can be passionate about what you do and make your mark on something huge, you’ll fit in perfectly at Schneider.
Q. What makes Schneider a transportation industry leader?
A. Schneider was founded in 1935 with one truck. It’s been growing ever since and is now one of the largest truckload carriers in North America. We are a disrupter in the industry — paving the way with innovative associates and technology. With over 10,000 trucks, 37,800 trailers and 22,200 Intermodal containers in the fleet, we have the capacity to move a lot of freight. Our customers include more than two-thirds of the Fortune 500 companies.
Q. Your corporate headquarters are in Green Bay, Wisconsin? What’s that like?
A. We have a variety of great opportunities available throughout North America, but many of them are at our corporate office in Green Bay. There are plenty of things to love about Green Bay that don’t just involve football. Green Bay has big-city amenities with a small-community feel, complete with the family-oriented values the Midwest is known for.
- Your family will enjoy living in a safe community that has low crime rates, friendly neighborhoods and award-winning school districts.
- Area housing costs are 20 to 30 percent lower than identical housing in larger cities.
- Forget commuter trains and delays — most people experience very short commute times and enjoy little to no rush-hour traffic
- Northeast Wisconsin is home to four comprehensive medical centers — including two of the top 100 hospitals in the nation.
- The cost-of-living is among the lowest in the nation, but you’d never know it with all of the attractions in the area — great restaurants, breweries, wineries, farmers' markets, concert venues, shopping centers and, of course, the famous Lambeau Field and newly designed Titletown District.
- If you want to get away for the weekend, Green Bay is a short drive away from Door County, Wisconsin Dells, Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis and much more.
Have a question that we didn’t answer?
For additional information or to ask any questions that you didn’t see here, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Find an office career near you: