Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Behind every semi-truck hauling essential products across the country, there are diesel technicians in shops making sure those trucks stay out on the road.
If you're wondering, ‘Are diesel technicians in demand?’ keep reading to see why the need for diesel technicians isn’t going away any time soon.
Are diesel technicians in demand?
Yes, diesel technicians are in high demand. Here are three reasons why:
1. People are never going to stop buying groceries, household goods and supplies. That means semi-trucks and other diesel-powered machines are always going to be needed to deliver them.
2. Because trucks will always be needed to haul freight, diesel technicians will always be needed to repair and maintain them.
3. Lastly, as technology constantly evolves and becomes more advanced, industries will need more skilled diesel technicians to use that technology.
What is the demand for diesel technicians in transportation?
Truck transportation is listed as the largest employer of diesel technicians in 2021, with the industry hiring about 20% of the diesel technician workforce.
This job security is just one of the many reasons why being a diesel technician in the transportation industry is a good career.
What is the job outlook for a diesel technician?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of all diesel service technicians is projected to grow by 4% through 2031.
Over the next decade, it is projected that there will be an average of about 28,500 job openings for diesel technicians every year across the country.
What are the top states for diesel technician jobs?
There are many things to consider when looking for the best state for diesel technician jobs, including which states employ the greatest number of diesel technicians.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top 10 states with the highest employment of diesel technicians are:
- New York.
- North Carolina.
In addition to job outlook, you’ll also want to think about the following when considering the best state for diesel technician jobs:
- What each individual company has to offer.
- Cost of living in each state.
- Salary range for the job you’re applying for.
- Where you’d like to live.