Schneider’s Dedicated division hires drivers to haul for one specific Dedicated customer. Each Dedicated account is unique, so each Schneider Dedicated job is too — all with consistency being the hallmark of life as a Dedicated truck driver.
We’ve previously highlighted glass hauling and discount retailers among the huge variety of Dedicated accounts we support, and today we’re showcasing our account with a leading manufacturer of utility vehicles (UTV), all-terrain vehicles (ATV), golf carts and other recreational vehicles.
Custom engineering & cool equipment for drivers
When Schneider takes over delivery for a specific customer, transportation needs are evaluated from the ground up. Delivering UTVs is a complex process, creating challenges for both dealers and manufacturers.
Schneider’s engineering team performed onsite assessments, recommended innovations and ultimately implemented the following to improve safety, reliability and the driver experience:
- Custom trailers: Over 50 custom double-decker dry van trailers were produced, including customized ramping technology with safety guardrails.
- Account reference guides: Each dealership has a detailed profile with pertinent information to help drivers deliver with confidence, including where to park and unload, delivery windows and contact information.
- Account-specific UTV driver training: In addition to general driver orientation, Schneider sets drivers up for success with a three-day training course for this account, which teaches:
- How to safely drive the UTVs on and off the ramps.
- Proper setup of the ramp.
- Nuances of the custom-made trailer.
A sneak preview of this Dedicated account delivery
Always new Dedicated accounts to choose from
Schneider continues to land new and interesting Dedicated accounts — even since the coronavirus pandemic started.
A Dedicated job is a great career alternative for drivers seeking consistency, closer relationships with one specific customer, Dedicated routes and unique but reliable responsibilities.