- Shrewsbury, MA
- First shift
- Full time; Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Manage a Schneider company shop as a Diesel Shop Manager in Shrewsbury. Focus on increasing business satisfaction, lowering the cost of repairs and increasing equipment availability. Execute upon long- and short-term goals and action plans, while providing outstanding leadership to shop associates.
- Reinforce and demonstrate Schneider’s core values as a leader of a shop.
- Be accountable for all maintenance costs, equipment availability and repair decisions within the shop.
- Be responsible for maintaining appropriate parts inventory.
- Assign work to shop associates and maintain an open line of communication with associates.
- Perform live work order audits and performance audits of shop associates.
- Set performance goals for the shop as a whole and for individual shop associates.
Skills and qualifications:
- Technical degree in diesel technology or related field.
- Two to four years of diesel technician experience.
- Previous shop leadership experience preferred.
- Able to work a minimum of one weekend day per month.
- Can create a high-performance environment through strong leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Pay and benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- Results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 231477