Senior Mobile Diesel Technician
$4,000 sign-on bonus
- Westfield, MA
- First shift
- Full time; Wednesday-Friday plus every other weekend, 5:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Mainly work outside the shop as a Senior Mobile Diesel Technician in Westfield.
- Perform all minor and major repairs on trucks, containers and trailers.
- Be supplied with a service truck and serve as the on-site maintenance representative.
- Perform on-site maintenance, including tire changes, electrical repairs, major accident repairs and engine repairs.
- Complete inspections, diagnoses and work estimations.
- Ensure equipment availability and make repair decisions.
- Communicate status updates with internal customers.
Skills and qualifications:
- Technical degree in diesel technology or related field, or a minimum of two years of diesel technician experience.
- Valid driver’s license and can meet Schneider’s DMV record standards.
- Valid DOT medical card or able to attain it within 30 days.
- Welding skills and experience.
- Computer systems experience.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire.
Pay and benefits:
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, plus an additional $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 231554