Intermodal truck driverCDL Apprenticeship Program | Top drivers earn up to $75,000
Company-paid CDL training available
- Average pay:
- $1,130 - $1,390 weekly
- Home time:
- No CDL
- Job ID:
- Company-paid CDL training:
- Haul freight containers secured to company-owned chassis.
- 95% no-touch freight that is mostly drop-and-hook.
- Drive a tractor from Schneider's pool of 150+ day cabs. No assigned trucks.
- Drive in and out of railyards within 225 miles of Chicago, IL.
Pay and bonus potential
- Hourly and load pay.
- Longevity bonus: Earn 3% of annual gross pay each year.
- Earn at least $900 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Paid orientation.
- Paid time off after 6 months, plus 6 days of holiday pay per year.
- Individuals looking to obtain their Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Individuals who currently have Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) from their State of residence.
- Tanker endorsement required after hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider's self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- Live within 50 miles of Chicago, IL and live in Illinois.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Unlimited referral bonuses.
- Company-paid CDL training options: tuition reimbursement ($200/month) or CDL Apprenticeship Training* (paid six-week training at a Schneider facility).
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- See full list of driver benefit package.
*CDL Apprenticeship Training (CAT) Program participants: Per Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) regulations, if your employment with Schneider terminates within 6 months after the date you are certified as having passed the CDL skills test, the IDOT will require you to get retested to maintain your CDL classification.
More reasons to choose Schneider Intermodal driving
- Less wasted time – 100% company-owned chassis reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential.
- New equipment – Day cabs and sleeper trucks come with automated transmissions and average 3 years of age.
- Constant support – Leaders and dispatch provide 24/7/365 operational and maintenance support.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization's success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.