Human Resource Business Partner
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Schneider is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to be accountable for providing human resources process planning and execution to a select grouping of departments. This includes ongoing coaching on initiatives and processes aligned to leadership development, performance management, associate relations, compensation, organizational design, and compliance. You will assist in the development of and partner to execute the HR Operating plan for your business segment. In addition, you will participate in a variety of human resources and business segment projects and initiatives. You will serve as an integrated member of a business segment leadership team.
About the role:
- Leadership Coaching: Builds strong relationships with all levels of leadership, establishing credibility to ensure alignment to the organizational values. Become a trusted advisor to leaders on people leadership initiatives, driving leadership accountability, compliance, and mitigating risk to the organization.
- Talent/Succession Management: Facilitates the talent review process for the assigned business segment(s). Advises leaders on the most effective development of their people. Provides guidance to leaders regarding associate skill and career development initiatives; facilitates training as needed; participates in the development of programs to meet business needs. Works with leaders to identify succession candidates for key leadership roles.
- Performance Management: Coaches leaders on effective performance management processes and decisions. Assesses and audits performance documents for quality feedback that is actionable, well documented and mitigates organizational risk.
- Compensation: Provides compensation administration coaching and education to leaders in accordance with enterprise compensation philosophy and principles.
- Associate Relations: Consults with leaders on performance and legal issues, or other significant actions that affect associates and the organization. Facilitates and coaches processes for performance improvement, terminations, harassment investigations, Fair & Equitable treatment, and other sensitive issues.
- Organizational Design: Assists with organizational design process in client departments. Utilizes appropriate methodologies and tools to break down the work and ultimately optimize associate productivity, span of control and efficient work processes.
- Staffing: Collaborates with our corporate recruiters to enable and support productive staffing plans for the assigned business segment. Conducts interviews as required.
- Workforce Planning: Provides recommendations and input into workforce planning initiatives. - Collaborates with corporate recruiters to enable and support productive staffing plans for the assigned business segment(s). Helps manage towards department SG&A targets. Conducts interviews as required.
- Project/Initiatives Management: Participates and/or co-leads a variety of HR and department projects and initiatives. Participates in process improvement efforts where appropriate.
- Compliance: Participates in compliance projects.
- Change Management: Assists in the facilitation of change management initiatives for assigned business segment(s).
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience plus a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Direct, clear, and concise in communicating information, listen effectively; clarifying information as needed, demonstrate cultural sensitivities.
- Ability to Identify and analyze problems; consider and evaluate data using solid reasoning skills to make recommendations. Make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited, or outcomes produce unpopular decisions. Understand and anticipate impact and implications of decisions.
- An adaptable and flexible leadership style to partner with many personalities and styles at different levels. Ability to drive tension and courage to push back and hold people accountable.
- Ability to inspect and identify gaps and develop plans to address gaps. Strong solutioning skills, not just problem identification.
- Passion to develop others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing coaching to leaders and associates through feedback and guidance of formal and informal methods of learning.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.