Lead Solution Developer
Schneider has an immediate opening for a driven technology professional. As a Lead Solution Developer, you will create the technical solutions for our business within the Schneider Hybrid Cloud environment using leading edge technologies like streaming, serverless, containers, micro services, and polyglot event driven systems. Platforms include on premise, Azure/AWS/Google Cloud, Redis Caching, Kafka Streams, Kubernetes, Mongo DB and other technologies. Working with infrastructure and enterprise architects, you will be able to create technical architecture/footprint and lead the design and implementation of major projects to grow profitability and market share – including, but not limited to: migrating to cloud, delivering enterprise solutions, automating manual processes, researching new technology, providing proof of concept demonstrations, and much more.
Tech is a nerve center within Schneider and innovation, teamwork, and collaboration are an important part of success. As a Lead Solution Developer, you will be expected to mentor and develop others, and work effectively with many different technical roles in our organization including Vice Presidents, Architects, Directors and Technical experts.
Schneider is so much more than orange trucks. We are a team of dynamic individuals working together to make a difference in an industry that impacts the world. Think about it, every single item in every single store had to get there somehow, and many of them rode there on Schneider trucks! We are a technology-driven company disrupting the transportation and logistics industry. Our technical advances position our business and drive our success. Our Information Technology team is the best in the industry – and they must be, because we do more than just deliver from point A to point B.
About the role:
- Architect and lead the design of fully integrated enterprise end to end solutions
- Create systems following enterprise and infrastructure architecture principles and practices
- Oversee implementation of large, multiple team projects
- Participate in developing standards for secure coding practices and application security
- Research new and innovative technologies and speak to the pros and cons of adopting them
- Identify and implement patterns and practices in software to reduce complexity and improve quality
- Provide mentoring and leadership to others as well as present concepts and designs to leadership
- Develop proof-of-concepts to validate new technologies
- Creation and implementation of platform roadmaps
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant IT experience
- A deep understanding of technical architecture, application systems design, java development, patterns, quality assurance, integration methodologies, architectural standards, software / application capabilities
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills with a desire to continuously improve and embrace change
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.