Master Data Scientist
- Develop relationships with clients and a enough understanding of client’s business operations and practices to identify business opportunities and apply the appropriate methods, models and analysis.
- Represent Schneider as a thought leader within the industry and the academy through symposiums, annual meetings, partnerships and improve Schneider’s visibility.
- Prepare proposals, statements-of-work, project logs and updates, and presentations in a clear and concise manner. Document project assumptions, approach and results including net savings or profit.
- Effectively scope projects and work assignments and make realistic work completion estimates. Develop appropriate work communication and contingency plans.
- Be up to date on current industry trends, technology offerings and best practices, and through participation in knowledge sharing, educate the team on the same to effectively tackle current projects.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) plus a minimum of six years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a data scientist / statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. Or Masters Degree plus a minimum of eight years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive applied experience with machine learning techniques and algorithms on large datasets.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- A demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skill to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Extensive experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS), data access/manipulation (e.g., SQL, pandas, dplyr) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase) required; experience with cloud computation (AWS, Azure) highly desired.
- A demonstrated ability to understand the uses and limitations of statistical methodologies as well as ability to select the appropriate methodology to complete assignments.
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.